Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why I choose veganism

This is one of the questions I always get asked, and people often don't fully understand, so I'm going to try and explain my feelings on the meat industry and why I choose to be vegan.

1. I believe that dairy is unhealthy for humans to consume, I think that it just seems wrong for me to drink cows breast milk because I am not a calf. Imagine if I was feeding a calf my breast milk....Also I believe that factory farming is cruel and unethical. It is a big factor in childhood obeseity, heart disease and high colesterol. Milks selling point is high levels of calcium and protein, but sea vegetables, leafy greens and nuts have significantly higher amounts.

2. Factory farming is said to be the main benefactor of global warming, producing more Methane anually then 50 million SUV's. Going vegan for a year is 50% more effective than switching to a hybrid car in greenhouse gas emissions.

3. To me killing animals is morally wrong, I don't feel comfortable killing an animal so I don't want someone else to do the dirty work for me.

Thanks for listening.
Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for those points. You added more to what I already knew.

    ReplyDelete